Evening primrose oil (EPO) 1,000 mg is a rich natural source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid. Foods rich in GLA include flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
GLA is an omega 6 fatty acid that constitutes one of the lipid components of cell membranes. Some people may not get enough GLA in their diet, and lifestyle factors such as a diet high in saturated fats, alcohol consumption, and smoking may all affect GLA metabolism, leading to the need for dietary supplementation. Low levels of GLA have been found in women with premenstrual syndrome and in subjects with atopic eczema.
The Active Ingredient
Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg contains 100mg of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
– Adult: 1 to 3 capsules per day with meals.
– Children (6-12): only as advised by your healthcare provider.
– May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
– Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
– Yellow, oblong soft gel capsules.
– 180 capsules per pack.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.