Propolis 3000mg is a listed complementary medicine containing the active ingredient, propolis, a natural substance collected by honeybees from numerous plants. Honeybees use propolis in the construction, maintenance and protection of their hives. It consists of gums, resins, essential oils and pollen collected from the buds and bark of plants, mixed with wax and saliva.
The biological activity of propolis derives from its high level of phenolic acids, while flavonoids are thought to account for the activity of propolis extracts, including antioxidant effects. Propolis has shown to be able to produce antimicrobial activity against bacteria, fungi and viruses, and experimental studies have shown that propolis may improve immune-enhancing activity.
– Propolis may cause allergic reactions. If irritation or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs, discontinue use. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare provider.
– Contains fermented ethanol.
– Not suitable for children.
The Active Ingredient
– Propolis extract, 600mg (equivalent to 3000mg of propolis 3000mg).
– Take 1 capsule daily or as advised by your healthcare provider.
– Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
– White, oblong hard capsules.
– 150 capsules per pack.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.