Omega-3 Fish Oil 1,000mg is a listed complementary medicine that contains natural fish oil, which is a purified fatty oil obtained from fish of families including, but not limited to, Ammodytidae, Carangidae, Clupeidae, Engraulidae, Osmeridae, Salmonidae and Scombridae. Cod liver, herring, mackerel, salmon, menhaden, and sardines are sources of natural fish oil that contains the omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA.
You should not take this product if you are consuming blood-thinning medications or in the week before surgery without consulting with your doctor as this product could increase the risk of bleeding.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
The Active Ingredient
Natural fish oil (1000mg), which contains the omega-3 fatty acids EPA (180mg) and DHA (120mg).
The natural fish oil used for the manufacture of these capsules complies with the compositional guidelines for this active ingredient, having been tested to determine that mercury levels are within approved limits.
As a source of omega-3 fatty acids:
– Adults: 1 to 2 capsules per day with meals, or as advised by your healthcare provider.
– Children 2-12 years: 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as advised by your healthcare provider.
For joint inflammation and for lowering triglycerides:
– Adults: 3 to 4 capsules, 3 times a day (9 to 12 capsules per day) with meals, or as advised by your healthcare provider. These doses are equivalent up to 2.7 – 3.6 g/day of omega-3 fatty acids).
– Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight
– Yellow oblong soft gel capsules
– 180 soft gel capsules per pack
Always read the label. Use only as directed